David Wilson received 3rd Place for his poster presentation at the Nineteenth Annual Graduate Research Symposium at Saint Louis University on April 26, 2013
| Contact Us|
Pharmacological & Physiological Science
Room M 362 || 1402 South Grand Blvd
St. Louis, Missouri 63104
Jane Cox, Ph.D.
My research is concerned with the investigation of the molecular biology of several ligand gated ion channels, including P2X receptors and glutamate receptors. We are using the zebrafish, Danio rerio, as a model for studying the developmental regulation of these receptors. I have isolated several NMDA receptor clones from the zebrafish and currently I am in the process of charactizing their expression and function in the development of the nervous system of the zebrafish.
- Diaz-Hernandez, M., Cox, J.A., Freeman, M., Haines, W.R., Egan, T.M. and Voigt, M.M. Identification and characterization of two P2X receptor subunits from the zebrafish, Danio rerio. (in preparation ).
- Cox, J.A., Freeman, M. and Voigt, M.M. Molecular and developmental characterization of a gene family encoding N-methyl-D-aspartate ionotropic receptor in zebrafish. (in preparation).
- Cox, J.A, Freeman, M., Egan., T.M. and. Voigt, M.M. Characterization of novel zebrafish P2X receptors. (in preparation)
- Cox, J.A., Barmina, O. and Voigt, M.M. (2001) Gene structure, chromosomal localization, cDNA cloning and expression of the mouse ATP-gated ionotropic receptor P2X5 subunit. Gene: 270:145-152.
- Haines, W.R., Migita, K., Cox, J.A., Egan T.M. and Voigt, M.M. (2001) The first transmembrane domain of the P2X receptor subunit participates in the agonist-induced gating of the channel. J. Biol. Chem. 276:32793-32798.
- Egan, T.M., Cox, J.A. and Voigt, M.M. (2000) Molecular cloning and functional characterization of the zebrafish ATP-gated ionotropic receptor P2X3 subunit. FEBS Lett. 475:287-290.